Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Voice


A number of speakers at the convention are reporters from the San Diego area. Including a few from Voice of San Diego. The keynote speech yesterday was given by Andrew Donohue, a reporter for the Voice of San Diego.

One thing he made a point of was cover letters. I liked this because I believe in the strength of a cover letter. Rob, my teacher, started to open my eyes to the importance of cover letters, and this convention has reinforced it.

Will Carless was the last speaker I saw yesterday. That was one of the best sessions I have attended by far, and that is saying a lot at this convention. This focused a lot on making good connections, and doing good journalism.

Well I have back to the convention. :)

2 comments:

Rob's Media Blog said...

Max, good to see you haven't been goofing off in San Diego this weekend...
-rob-

AnchorsAway said...

Yes max, it's a good thing you don't goof off.... :D