Friday, November 7, 2008

America the proud

People around the country were flooding the streets and singing the national anthem on Tuesday night.

Barack Obama won the election and people in America were celebrating. I have seen quite a few videos of people singing in the streets soon after it was announced that Obama had won.

I must say it makes me so happy to see people responding with such glee. Here is a video like that from Portland's Pioneer Square:


I was at an election night party, drinking and cheering as it was announced that Obama had won the election. We even got to see the holograms on CNN. We all thought this was pretty funny. It just shows advances in technology I guess.

The world reacted the too. Rooms full of people in other countries cheering and holding up cut-outs of Obama. I feel like we can travel without having to wear shirts that say "I'm Canadian"

Now we look toward the future. Come January 20 I will be going to more parties to celebrate inauguration day, I wonder if I will be in one of those crowds singing the national anthem.

No comments: